Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gratitude


"If i would be able to turn back time, i would like to be the youngest child. Then i'll have everything... she has everything...." 
That familiar, dusty, bitter emotion came back.
But I refused to let it stay, so i dug further into my memory box... finding anything worthy to slide into the folder known as "Why am i lucky to  be the eldest child." 

And unexpectedly that memory came tagging with Gladness.
The memory of my dad tossing the Quran across on the floor, to an ustaz... as if the gesture was saying, "Read it!" 

---------------

All this while i had been thinking of the weaknesses i inherited from my mum...those that made it harder for me to climb the career ladder, but today, I found a trait from her that i love best : a (playful) sense of humor -- it's what has been helping me to bond and have fun with the young souls. TYG.   
------------


Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. -- Mildred Barthel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment